Stay warm with this rich and indulgent coconut hot cocoa. With just 4 ingredients you can make this within a few minutes. You can use whole fat coconut milk (usually in a can) for a fuller, thicker and richer flavor or a reduced fat (usually found in a carton) for a less thick and rich alternative. We topped this with whipped cream and toasted coconut (optional). You can also top with coconut whipped cream or marshmallows.
- Yield: 17 ounces
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate
- Coconut Milk - 15 ounces
- Dark Chocolate - 2 ounces
- Cocoa Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla - 1/4 teaspoon
- Whipped cream (optional) - topping
- Toasted coconut - garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and dark chocolate.
- Whisk/stir until well blended and bring to low simmer
- Remove from heat, should be smooth and creamy
- Pour and top with whipped cream and toasted coconut
If you would like your cocoa sweeter, you can add some granulated sugar during step 1. You can also top with coconut whipped cream or marshmallows.