Creamy penne alfredo pasta topped with spicy cajun seasoned shrimp! Yum! This cheesy, flavorful combination is easy to prepare and a family favorite.
Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Lightly salt and cook penne pasta as per directions until al dente (or slightly firm).
- In a skillet over medium heat add olive oil, garlic and shrimp.
- Sprinkle 3/4 tbsp. of cajun seasoning mix over shrimp, cook approx. 2 minutes. Turn shrimp, sprinkle additional 3/4 tbsp. cajun seasoning on other side of shrimp. Cook an additional 2 mins or until ready.
- In a clean skillet on medium-low heat, melt butter. Add flour and mix/whisk (it may be slightly lumpy).
- Add heavy cream, parmesan cheese and chicken stock and stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle sauce with remaining 1/2 tbsp. of cajun seasoning mix and stir
- Add cooked penne and shrimp into sauce and combine
- Garnish with parsley and grated parmesan to taste.
Note - use your favorite cajun seasoning or this recipe for DIY cajun seasoning mix.